Friday 8 July 2011

MIFF 2011 Bucket List

Didn't think I'd ever use that phrase? Not even sure what it means exactly nor where it comes from? But I do know it translates as a wish list and possibly a large one?
Here's my wish list for MIFF 2011, commencing 21st July.

2 x Sion Sono films

Cold Fish, which I saw at the start of the year at the Adelaide Film Festival. Glad to have seen it, not his strongest and a really annoying, shouty character. Full on gorey and a bucket of blood fest with a whole lot of chopping up of bodies etc. But it has that beautiful take on disfunctional/dislocated family life with a daughter running of the rails that starts the whole film.

Guilty of Romance, this is the new one and I'm hang'n to see it. The less I know about it the better I think. Oh the joy of having two of his films in the festival. Very Exciting.


LOVE EXPOSURE


NOT LOVE EXPOSURE

Some Aussie Films
X
set in the cross. Two prostitutes on the run, one fateful night. Sex, Violence & Danger...."a dark thriller" written by Belinda McClory, directed by Jon Hewitt. Belinda McClory was in Yani's 1min film at the VCA, very good actor, very good film. I think I may like this one, just hoping it's not too bleaksville.
the official site
http://www.xthemovie.com.au/
the trailer


Toomelah
Ivan Sen's new film. I saw Dreamland last year and thought it was pretty close to great (it wasn't 100% finished, sound, picture edit etc). This one will be completely different but I think he's a film maker to follow. This one will confirm it I hope. It was over in Canne this year and it was pretty well received. His famous one is Beneath the Clouds, which I am yet to see.
the official site
http://www.toomelahthemovie.com/

Magic Trip - Ken Kesey's search for a kool place

I always wanted to be a 'merry prankster' without really knowing what they did, who they were, why they were?
It just sounded really cool traveling in a bus taking shit loads of acid!
Well this is an edit of some of the film they took whilst on the road. Pretty well a must see in my book, these guys really started something.
You know Tune In, Turn On, Drop Out
The risk being that usually my fantasy thoughts of what happened will probably be dashed by the whole human reality of the situation. Not many things remain that cool from the late sixties when you actually get to see it how it was.
But hey I live in hope. and I will see this film too.

The Electric Kool Aide Acid Test's Bus. 'FURTHER'

I think I'm flashing back!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment