Tuesday 4 November 2014

NOIRHOUSE - the return.

Series II Episodes 4 - 9
So series two of Noirhouse launched nationally on ABC iView in November but was only available in Australia (why would yo geoblock a web series?? indeed we live in strange times!).
But as of December it is available to the rest of the world on the Noirhouse web site and it is in glorious HD.  Forgive me if you tried to access the show outside of Australia the last time I posted about this  but now you can all see it.
Series II has double the episodes of series I but continues on the hellbent tangent of murder, mystery and mayhem that is only possible in a Noir Share-house and only possible emanating from the deep south's capital of Hobart. 
NOIRHOUSE, so who really drank the milk?
I have a vested interest in pushing this little baby.
Hobart is my second home, I am unofficial Hobartarian and thus I will champion the creative endeavors that regularly pop from this part of the world.
Mick, Nathan & Mel 
I have shared both good times and bad times having worked on many a short film with lots of the Noirhouse cast and crew.  They are very good at what they do and they be good people too! 
Of course I want to see their work succeed.
The Rusian, The Feme Fatale & The Detective
I have worked on a lot of shit productions in my time. Most of what I have worked on would fall into this category but when on the rare occasion I do get to work on something that is good I like to gloat about it and shout its virtues to the ends of the world. I've had the privilege of scheduling and managing both series of Noirhouse and not only did I do a blistering job!!!! but these shows are actually really well written, beautifully cast, well acted, shot just delightfully, stunning production design, sublimely scored and greatly directed. In short this stuff aint shit, they are good shows.
the romance of candlelight
Series II is part of a batch of web series that the ABC has invested in so that it can bring unique and specific programing to ABC iView, making it more than just a 'catch up' portal. Noirhouse, along with Wasteland Panda and a couple of others are now exclusive to ABC iView. Its exciting and pioneering stuff, will this out let enable sustainable production for web series or is there a larger agenda going on? Maybe the online hub is like a crowd sourcing exercise or a broadcast audience test bed platform.
Is it a matter of 'the series with the most hits' gets converted into a comedy show for ABC 1 or 2???
Or is the ABC truly wanting unique programing for it's web presence because it sees this as the future of broadcast and exhibition?

Doesn't really matter what is going on cause that is just a side story to the main event of some really good, entertaining content that is now available for your immediate consumption. Get on it and have a watch but also get it out amongst the others so they can have a watch too.
Share the Shit out of it cause it's Good Shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment