Friday 7 September 2012

Chika and Dasshoku Shake

Well I think this will be a cracker. Featuring a performance from Yumi Umiumare, who I was privileged to meet last year whilst teaching the Cert III Documentary course at Open Channel.
She featured in a beautiful doco/film by Riza Manalo (filmmaker/video artist) and is described as a Butoh Punkess?
This production is being produced by Mayu Kanamori a very accomplished photographer and a whole lot more. I am yet to see this performance but hopefully Indonesia will in October and I'll get to see it on DVD. (more on the team)



One performance that I do plan to see in late Sept/early Oct is DASSHOKU SHAKE and it will also feature Yumi and others including Theatre Gumbo from Osaka and it looks truly spectacular.
A Japanese Australian Butoh Cabaret Extravaganza


Photo by : Vikk Shayen
Photo  by Masami Kikuchi
 A Massive Visual Treat I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment