Thursday 18 August 2011

The MIFF schedule is off the wall

So I took the MIFF schedule down today and I thought I would publish what I saw with a little rating.
The films I saw in order of appearance are:

33 Postcards            Pauline Chan      very good
Oki's Movie              Hong Sang-soo    very good
Cold Fish                 Sion Sono           excellent
Toomelah                 Ivan Sen             excellent
Guilty of Romance    Sion Sono           excellent
MIFF Shorts Awards                           shit
PressPausePlay       David Dworsky    good
Our Idiot Brohter       Jesse Peretz       most funny
X                             Jon Hewitt           excellent
The Day He Arrives   Hong Sang-soo    beautiful excellent
Bi Don't Be Afraid     Phan Đăng Di       very good
Eternity                   Sivaroj Kongsakul nice
Hanezu                   Naomi Kawase     not very
I Am Eleven             Genevieve Bailey  very good

It was a relaxed festival for me, only one day with 3 films and it was easy. A half dozen films I wanted to see but were sold out which was frustrating. 2 x Sion Sono is pretty special, missed the Herzog but it will get a release? 2 x films from my new favourite Korean Director (Hong Sang-soo) which was excellent and a great follow up from Dreamland for Ivan Sen. Oh yeah and I'd been waiting for X for a long time and I wasn't disappointed. So long MIFF 2011.










No comments:

Post a Comment